Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Baby = Sports Equipment

I am now in my 29th week of pregnancy and little Anna is still growing! This week, her length (head to toes) approximates a standard roll of paper towels or a typical American football; about 16 inches long. Football is so appropriate--she is quite a little kicker. In fact, when she's being active, her kicks actually make my entire torso move; if you were watching, it would look like I was having some kind of odd seizure!

We've been taking Spike (our dog) to a dog trainer since December, and we've seen tons of improvement in his obedience skills. This trainer (or behaviorist, as he calls himself), claims to train the dogs via telepathy, which quite honestly we find amusing. We don't really care how he trains the dog, as long as Spike gets trained. Anyway, I'm mentioning all this because our dog trainer made a prediction about Anna's weight and length at birth: 6 pounds, 5-6 0unces; 20 inches. Does anyone else want to guess? :)

I'm still feeling pretty good, although I'm slowing down a bit. Bending over is becoming an issue, whether it be to put on my sneakers, put lotion on my legs, or pick up things I've dropped. I also have to wake up at night just to roll over in bed. And then, inevitably, when I roll over, the baby shifts and ends up on my bladder, so I have to get up and use the bathroom. I'm just getting bigger, which is the way it should be, I guess.

No comments: