Monday, January 21, 2008

Icky, Croup, and Other Things

Yup, our baby girl sounds like a baby seal. :( The worst part of it is that the cough hurts her (as evidenced by the pained look and fussing/crying that follows each cough) and there's not much we can do about it.

Today is also Brandon's birthday and sadly, we did not get to celebrate as I had hoped. Maybe once Anna is feeling better I can make his favorite meal. I did, however, get to the cupcakes after Anna went to sleep.

Brandon did teach Anna something new this week, much to my dismay. She now says, "Buh. Ih-ee," which translates to, "Boys! Icky!" Unfortunately, she also names a boy in our playgroup and follows his name with "icky." (Don't know how I'll explain that one next time we have playgroup!) Of course, each time she says this, Brandon laughs and tells her what a good girl she is. (And then she affirms that she is, indeed, a "gu-guh.") I suppose I should let him enjoy this time, knowing that the teen years are coming eventually.

Again, sorry there are no pics (MOM AND DAD!!!). I was getting the Christmas pictures ready to post yesterday, but then Anna started feeling sick and today I accomplished nothing. I'll get to them as soon as I can. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AnnaBean your BB misses you very much and I hope you are feeling much better today. I am looking forward to seeing your new pictures when your mom gets time to put them on the blog. I look forward to seeing you soon. I love you sooooooooooo very, very much.