Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Meet My Husband

Amy, over at Living Locurto, is hosting "Meet My Husband Day" today! (Click here to meet her hubby.)


In all fairness, he wasn't ready for me to take that picture.

Some of you already know Brandon, but those of you who don't are really missing out. He's funny. Laugh-out-loud-sometimes-inappropriate funny. And he has no shame.


He's not afraid to make a scene in public and has embarrassed me many times...by screaming my name in the middle of the mall or saying something really awkward in the lingerie department of Sears--all very loudly. He also will roll down the window at stop lights and then who knows what could happen! There was also an incident involving a Christmas gift from my brother of some elderly adult apparel, but that was before I had a digital camera. :)

He's goofy...



...persistent, single-minded, and determined, as anyone who knows our story will attest to. Mostly I'm thinking of poor CJ (Brandon's buddy) who, week after week, spent his entire hour-long lunch break in the car waiting for Brandon to finish visiting (read: bothering) me at work.

He is a loving and wonderful daddy...



...who is adored by his little "princess."



Brandon is and has been many things. When we first met he was a motorcycle-riding musician. And then he got his ears pierced. And right before we got married he got a tattoo.



One of the things I love about him is that he is who he is and he doesn't really care if you like it or not. And he treats everyone with the same respect, from the richest member at the golf course to the homeless guy by the freeway. He never meets a stranger.

He has worked lots of different jobs: merchandiser, musician, electrician, and most recently, a golf pro.



Oh, and he cleans up real nice.


Most of all, he is loved!

13 comments:

Amy @ Living Locurto said...

What a cutie!!! I love all your great photos. My poor guy only has one on an elephant! ha. Thanks for joining in on the fun. It's great to meet everyone's husbands:-)

angie {the arthur clan} said...

I just popped over from Amy's site and loved meeting your hubby. When you wrote about him not being afraid to make a scene in public...I laughed out loud! My hubby is the exact same way. He knows just how to embarrass the snot out of me everytime. :)

Angie in OH

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Katie @ makingthishome.com said...

Sounds like he keeps you on your toes... in the most wonderful ways! There's nothing greater than a husband who can make you smile. Found you via Amy's project and glad I did. Looks like you have a heck of a husband.
Katie

Sharon said...

Love your hubby post! I, too have one of those husbands who will roll down the car window and do silly things that make me laugh hysterically!

Your daughter is absolutely precious!

Dot O said...

Great photos! Looks like you got yourself a fine one in your hubby. Your little girl is adorable!

I'm glad Amy had us all post about our hubbies. It was a lot of fun to read them all.

KVC said...

Very nice post!

Anonymous said...

I should see if I can dig up a photo from high school for you to post with this!!!

Blogger said...

What a wonderful life you all must have together, I love people who can make you laugh, what a gift!

Nice to meet you,
Bella

Michelle said...

Your hubby reminded me of my hubby. When we are driving down the highway, whether it be on our goldwing, or in our van, he will wave to oncoming drivers like crazy. It is always unexpected on my part, and when I ask, 'Who was that?', he will say, 'I dont know!"

Your daughter is beautiful,and it was good to meet your husband.
Michelle

Suzann said...

Your hubby seems like a great guy.

Thanks for popping by my blog.

Carrie said...

What a sweet guy--funny and handy! I was just saying to my hubby yesterday that I couldn't imagine being married to someone who wasn't handy! I like my men to be men! NO MANSCAPING ALLOWED!!

Well, except ear and nose hair, and maybe a little trim of the eyebrows if they are especially....Russian.

Thanks for stopping by! Come back now, y'hear!

Anonymous said...

Granna and BB love this one!!! We totally agree....Brandon is very special and very loved!!!!!!!
An awesome post, Christie!!!!!