Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Ten on Tuesday

I know it's Tuesday night (almost Wednesday), but better late than never. Right?

1. Tonight while Anna was taking a bath this is what I hear (in her not-quite-two pronunciation): "...six, seven, eight, nine, ten. Yaaaaaay!!!" We spent the next few minutes counting from one to ten. She's pretty close to getting it right.

2. After the bath, I caught her walking around with the house phone (note to self: move out of her reach tomorrow) and this is what I hear: "Hello? ... Good! ... ha ha ha!" Repeat this a couple times, as I decided not to take the phone from her right away.

3. I got to enjoy American Idol tonight uninterrupted since Brandon was still at work. I'm impressed by David Cook, but I didn't like his ending. I wouldn't have gone up to that last note. And poor Brooke--isn't that the second time she's had to stop and start over? Not good.

4. Tonight for dinner I made the chicken enchiladas from Dream Dinners. Totally yummy in my opinion, but Anna didn't want anything to do with them. At least she likes rice.

5. I love my husband. But he's forgetful sometimes. Like tonight when he left our vacuum at the club. Again. It's been there for over a week.

6. I really need the vacuum tonight because we are hosting playgroup tomorrow morning and the carpet hasn't been vacuumed since Brandon took the vacuum to the club--over a week ago.

7. We have a golden retriever that sheds. A lot. I really need that vacuum.

8. I've been reading Jane Eyre again. I read it for the first time when I was in 7th grade and have loved it ever since. Reading it as an adult is even better--life experience has added so much to my understanding of the emotions and motivations of each character.

9. The weather here is (finally) beautiful! We spent most of the day with our back slider and the kitchen window open. It just makes my heart happy to see the sunshine and feel the cool breeze. Not to mention the adorable bunnies that have been hopping around our yard.

10. My kitchen floor is clean! Hip-hip---hooray!!!

No comments: