Thursday, June 26, 2008

What if...

Faydra tagged me for a game of "What if...?"

1. If you could inherit a comfortable home in any city in the world that you could use but not sell, where would you want it to be?
Somewhere close to home in Florida.

2. If you could be instantly fluent in one other language that you currently do not read or speak, which would it be? Why?
Spanish. It's a shame that I don't speak more since my mom is fluent and it's my grandmother's first language.

3.If you were given an hour to spend an unlimited amount of money in any store in the world where would it be?
I would have to say Wal-Mart. I know, big bad chain store, but I could take care of all my family's needs in one place. And that matters a great deal.

4. If you had to give your children to the care of someone famous, who would you pick?
Steven Curtis and Mary Beth Chapman. Definitely not Brittany Spears. (As if!)

5. If you could cast an actor now alive to play you in a new film, what kind of film would it be and who would you choose.
Comedy? America Ferrera...I think. This one is hard for me. I would love some input in the comments. What actor do YOU think would do a good job playing me in a movie?

6.If you could have an elegant dinner alone with anyone presently alive, whether you know them or not, who would you want it to be?
My husband. Shoot, I would just love to have dinner with my husband, elegant or not. (It's golf season; he works late.)

7.If you could resolve any single dispute, anywhere in the world what would you solve.
For the record, I want to say that this is a terrible question. How can you pick just one problem when there are so many people hurting, dying, or living in fear every day? Two things immediately come to mind: the children in northern Uganda, and peace in Israel and Palestine.

8. If you were instantly able to play one musical instrument perfectly that you never have played before, what would it be?
I would say cello, but I have played the cello before. Actually, I have played all the major instruments before. I would love to have better piano skills, though. I think that would be more useful to me right now than playing the cello.

Okay, now I tag Jana, Becky, and Carolyn.

No comments: