Monday, August 25, 2008

Just Another Manic Monday

Do you ever start off the day on the wrong foot? I sure do, and today that wrong foot was no coffee. And no breakfast. Which I remedied at the Starbuck's drive-thru around 10:40 with a vanilla latte and a cranberry-orange scone, but that was long after waking up, getting Anna up and going with milk and some breakfast crackers (read: dry cereal), showering, getting dressed, hair dried, make-up, and wrangling my testy two-year old into some clothes as well. And into the car. Who knew one kid could find so many ways to get sidetracked from her room to the garage?

Of course, if I had been more organized and on top of things last night, most of this morning craziness could have been averted. Well, c'est la vie, as they say in France.

After my emergency drive-thru, we headed over to the Children's Museum for some fun--out of and away from the house. After so long, even I get tired of all her toys. Sorry, grand-p's, that I have no pictures to show you of today. After the crazy morning we had, there was no way I was going to frustrate myself by trying to get a good shot of her in the weird light of the museum. Plus, I just plain didn't feel like keeping up with the camera.

My munchkin's about ready to wake up from her nap, but while she was sleeping, I took care of this:


Dog hair. Have I mentioned that our dog sheds enough hair for me to make a whole family's worth of winter sweaters? And that photo above--only one day's worth of hair. Yes, ONE DAY! If I had a Roomba, I would run the thing 24-7. Unfortunately, I only have my two legs and a vacuum, so I do the best I can.

And now we're off again--to the grocery store--lest we all starve tonight. Except for the dog--he's got plenty of food. Which reminds me (quickly) of last night's dinner: a fantastic new recipe with lentils, carrots, onion, garlic, thyme, sauteed chicken. YUM! Brandon saw the lentils and said, "What is this? Dog food?"

No comments: