Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm back, baby!

It's been a while, huh? I have to admit that while I've been missing my little creative outlet/storytelling venue/photo motivation, I've also been procrastinating my return to the blogging world. (If you know me, you are surely less than surprised at the word "procrastinating." And stop laughing!)

I've been thinking about blogging, and then thinking about all the reasons why I'm not ready to start blogging again. I've been reminding myself why I started doing this in the first place and then asking why I've kept doing it--for almost three years. I've been wrestling with what I feel are the expectations and realizing that the only rules to this thing are the rules I make for myself.

Not much has changed in our daily lives. I'm still working and trying to juggle...well, everything. The floors are strewn with toys, dirty dishes in the kitchen, laundry piled up, (If it's on the couch, it's clean. I promise.) and, oh, did I mention the dog hair all over the carpet? (And couch, and my black sweater...)

We keep moving forward, imperfection and all. And so it will be here as well. I may post four times one week and then not at all for the next two weeks or two months. I'm going to be ok with that. I don't have as much time to take photos (and edit them) as I would like, so if all I post are SOOC photos for the next year, I'm going to be ok with that, too. Rather than beating myself up over the imperfection, I'm going to be glad that I had the time to take the photo.

Of course, I still have my crazy perfectionist tendencies, so I will give a short summary of the last three months, list-style, because I like lists.

January: Had a visit from Wendy (my first college roommate) I got super-sick and we had 16 inches of snow (all in the same week). I did a lot of cooking in January, too.

February: Went out with Brandon for V-Day (sans Anna--definitely notable!) and had a visit from Heidi.

March: Visited Brandon's family in Alabama. Didn't take a single photo. All three of us came home sick. On the 20th, we celebrated our five year anniversary by visiting the doctor and buying half the pharmacy at Wal-Mart. ("Antibiotics! Just what I wanted--how did you know? Oh, the fever, coughing, and endless boxes of tissues clued you in? Hmm.")

Lastly, some photos of my favorite people. (All SOOC but the last.)





5 comments:

Stacy said...

all i have to say is... YAY!!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, I love the big guy too, but he's NOT a people... even though Anna says, "He loves me!"

Sorry Spike...

Stephen and Kelly said...

Yippee! So glad you're back! I've missed you, friend!

Stephen and Kelly said...

Alright, Christie...I'm beginning to think that your last post was just a mean trick!

Christie said...

Ha ha! No mean tricks here! :) Just another round of illnesses and tons of work. But I promise at least two new (short) posts this week!